Prince George’s County is on the cusp of surpassing 100,000 coronavirus cases since the start of the pandemic, an unwelcome milestone as the county continues to hover near the top of the state in cases and related deaths.
As of Tuesday, the county has Maryland’s most confirmed cases with 98,912 — over 17,000 more than second-place Montgomery County — according to the state government’s website.
The zip codes currently with the highest confirmed case counts, according to a county-run dashboard, are:
– 20783 (Hyattsville) with 5,826 cases.
– 20904 (Silver Spring) with 5,809 cases.
– 20706 (Lanham) with 5,474 cases.
– 20774 (Fort Washington) with 5,396 cases.
– 20785 (Hyattsville) with 4,688 cases.
In terms of virus-related deaths, Prince George’s County’s toll of 1,665 trails only Baltimore County’s 1,777.