By Marquesa LaDawn
Real Housewives of Atlanta (RHOA) via Kandi’s Family ski trip just ended and it was really good. It’s no secret that this family had some kinks in the relationships department. The real divas on steroids were Mama Joyce and the old lady gang, as they call themselves. Frankly, without them in the mix, it would have been a bit boring.
- Mama Joyce and Carmen (Kandi’s assistant and best friend) had it out and all hell broke lose. Carmen finally realized that the gossip has nothing to do with her, Mama Joyce had some issues she needs to face. Carmen had a conversation with Mama Joyce’s sisters and all was confirmed. The sisters agreed that Mama Joyce needs to deal with some internal stuff.
- Because of the big argument between Carmen and Mama Joyce, Kandi had to admit to herself, her Mama just refuses to accept her husband.
- Todd was so frustrated that he swore on his mother’s grave that he’s never been with Carmen and those words seem to shut Mama Joyce down.
- Todd, for the first time, felt welcomed into the family by the old lady gang and all it took was a trip to the “pot” shop.
- The mini-series ended with the family writing down their issues with one another on a slip of paper and burning it to signify a new start.
- Everyone burned their issues and accepted some type of responsibility, even Mama Joyce –kinda.
This was wonderful. I will miss the Tuckers until next season.
Up north, the Real Housewives of New York (RHONY) killed it, as always. I know because I am a New Yorker and admit we can be tough in relationships! That aside, it was really good this week. Let’s start with my girl Bethenny, the business powerhouse. Bethenny, I say this in love, can be a mean girl! She either likes you or doesn’t and there is no in between. Since these ladies are in a group, this is frustrating and confusing to the ladies, I have to say, in everyday life, women make the same decisions, they just do it, with a fake smile, just saying. Anyway, Bethenny was emotional and messy boots in one scene, especially if someone disagrees with her yet professional and classy in another. Yes, it’s a rollercoaster and you have to hold on for the ride.
Did you see the skinny girl summit, dang! You go girl! Sonya was the lucky housewife guest attending and taking lots of notes. It was refreshing to see Carole stand up for Heather doing a heated conversation with Bethenny and Ramona. Bethenny was complaining about Heather mothering her. Now, I get an adult not wanting to be mothered, but I felt like Heather was being nice and caring. Bottom line, it’s not about Heather, but Bethenny’s pain around never really having a mother or a peaceful childhood. Our hearts ache for her.
This episode ended with Bethenny feeling attacked, though I think it was about boundaries. Luann’s checking in, Carole’s sharing Bethenny’s mean words with Kristen and Kristen’s asking Bethenny why. Bethenny responds with a harsh reaction and walking away, she then leaves. Whew, that was interesting!
More drama, although at times inauthentic, on the Queens of Drama from the ladies of daytime TV. Although I enjoyed the show, and simply loved Donna Mills being her alter ego, Abby Ewing, from Knots Landing. Actresses need to stay with fictional TV. Just sayin!
Married With Medicine, my medical reality TV girls are back and messier than ever. I’m surprised by how messy the relationships are so early. Keep your eyes on these gals because we are in for an over the top season for sure.
Speaking of over the top, the Braxton girls are putting on their “medium girl” panties. Between Trina’s messy divorce, kids getting married at 17, Tamar trying to get along with her sisters, this show is on fire!
Quick note on RHOBH, Kim Richards is out and her sister Kathy Hilton is in! More news on that coming soon.
Marquesa LaDawn is a professional businesswoman who escapes the pressures of living in New York City by retreating into the real world of reality TV. Follow me on twitter @realityshowgirl and subscribe to her podcast at www.RealitytvGirl.com.