AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia has earned Multicultural Health Care Distinction from the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
AmeriHealth Caritas DC, part of the AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies, is one of seven AmeriHealth’s Medicaid managed-care health plans to hold Multicultural Health Care Distinction.
“Health equity has been and always will be central to our mission,” said Karen Dale, market president for AmeriHealth Caritas DC. “We continue to offer our members an unwavering path to improved health outcomes through culturally appropriate care, and we remain committed to building healthier, safer communities for all District residents.”
AmeriHealth Caritas DC offers the following services, among others, to serve the diverse needs of its membership:
• Online cultural competency training for its network providers.
• Targeted outreach to Spanish- and Amharic-speaking members for participation in the health plan’s Member Wellness Advisory Council (MWAC) and various health promotion programs.
• Collaboration with community-based organizations to provide nutrition and wellness programs in languages other than English.
• Annual analyses of network providers to ensure they meet the cultural needs of members.
• Culturally specific meal plans to help members prepare culturally appropriate meals that positively impact their chronic or acute health conditions.