(BBC) – The US says it will give $5m (£3.2m) towards a multi-national task force being set up to fight Nigeria’s militant Islamist group Boko Haram.
Boko Haram “was not just a Nigerian problem”, US official Linda Thomas-Greenfield said.
The group was blamed for suicide bombings which killed more than 20 people in neighbouring Chad on Monday.
Chad will be the headquarters of the Nigeria-led force of around 7,500 troops from five countries.
The formation of the force has gained momentum since Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari took office last month.