The annual Cherry Blossom Parade takes place Saturday at 10 a.m. along Constitution Avenue from 7th to 17th streets in Northwest.
Seats for grandstand views start at $20, and standing along the parade route from Constitution Avenue between 9th and 15th streets is free and open to the public.
One of D.C.’s largest spectator events, the energy-filled National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade presented by Events DC runs for 10 blocks along iconic Constitution Avenue. Giant colorful helium balloons, elaborate floats, marching bands from across the country, celebrity entertainers and performers burst down the parade route in a grand spectacle of music and showmanship seen only once a year during the Festival.
This year’s celebrity talent includes:
– 98 Degrees member and “Dancing with the Stars” winner Drew Lachey
– Grammy-nominated country singer Jo Dee Messina
– D.C. native and chart-topping rap artist DJ Kool
– Brian Justin Crum, breakout star from the most recent season of “America’s Got Talent”
– R&B singer/songwriter Blu Cantrell
– Vocalist Mari
– “Glee” star Alex Newell
– Miss America Saavy Shields
– Special appearances by “Dancing with the Stars” judge Carrie Ann Inaba and “Good Morning America’s” Rob Marciano