D.C.’s Great Streets Small Business Retail Grants, which provide local businesses up to $50,000 to be used for storefront renovations, equipment purchases and technology enhancements, are geared towards brick-and-mortar businesses located in a Great Streets Corridor.
The grants provide existing and new businesses the opportunity to help transform 13 emerging commercial corridors into thriving and inviting livable, walkable, and shoppable neighborhood centers.
Basic requirements for the grants include:
– That an applicant must have a business that is located within or along the border of a Great Street corridor.
– Be in good standing with the DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs, the DC Office of Tax and Revenue, the DC Department of Employment Services, and the IRS.
– Have an active Basic Business License.
– Evidence of site control.
– Possess proof of property and liability insurance; and have financial records readily available.
The deadline to apply for a Great Streets grant is Monday, Sept. 28. For all other questions, email GreatStreets@dc.gov.