While most D.C. government services will be closed on Christmas Day, some facilities will continue provisions to maintain essential operations.
Among services that will remain operational on Friday, Dec. 25 are:
• The District’s Emergency Operations Center and Joint Information Center
• Access to emergency shelter, meaning that all low-barrier shelters will remain open. Families and individuals seeking access to homeless services should call the D.C. Shelter Hotline at 202-399-7093 or 311 at any time of the day or night.
• Drop-in centers for residents experiencing homelessness.
• The Downtown Day Services Center, located at 1313 New York Avenue NW, will be open from 9 a.m. to noon by appointment only for essential services (shower, laundry, phones, clothing distribution, etc.).
• Zoe’s Doors, located at 2001 Mississippi Avenue SE, will be open.