Special to the NNPA from the Houston Forward Times
“Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.” -Sarah Ban Breathnach
Everyone goes through seasons in life that seem overwhelming; times when you’ve felt drained of strength and power. But, you haven’t been left without hope. You haven’t been left without an answer. The God of heaven and earth is near you, and He promises to give you strength and might to overcome.Where does this strength and power come from? It comes directly from Him. When you connect with Him, you are connecting to your power source. It’s like plugging a lamp into a light socket. You “plug in” through prayer, reading the Word and worshipping Him. You “turn on” the switch by the words of your mouth—by declaring what God says.
Remember, you don’t have to let the difficult times overwhelm you. Rise up and connect with Him because He is your source of strength! He promises to equip and empower you for victory in every area of your life!
Give thanks when you are up—Give thanks when you are down—Give thanks on the mountaintop —Give thanks in the valley low—The ability to give thanks and praise God no matter what season you are in will cause you to become stable and mature in your faith
- Job 1:1-3 A Season of Overflow
- You would think this should be the easiest season of giving thanks and for many it is but for others it’s a major struggle
- Many can only give thanks and worship when they are on top
- Satan even asked the question who would not honor God under an open heaven?
- I’m surprised how many get tripped up during a season of overflow because they lose sight of the creator of the blessings
- Reality is everyone can’t handle being in overflow, they forget God and focus on the stuff that comes with the benefit package of connecting with God
- Never allow your pleasure to silence your praise
- Job 1:18-20 A Difficult Season
- The same God that blessed you is the same God that allows you to encounter a very difficult season
- The question is not why is God doing or allowing this but the real question is what are you going to do in the midst of this
- Can you still give thanks during a losing season?
- The true character and identify of a team is discovered during a difficult season
- An important key during this time is what can I learn through this
- Job 2:6-10 A Losing Season at Home
- There will be times you have to give thanks even when you have no place of peace
- Home field advantage is gone the home crowd is booing loud but you have to keep on playing
- Press your way anyway and give God thanks
- Job 2:13 A Lonely Season
- So called friends can’t help you and may even turn back on you during this season
- Be careful friendly fire has taken many out in the past
- Remember God will never leave you or forsake you, He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother
- Job 8:7 A Season of Faith
- No matter what season of life you are in your faith must be strong enough to cause you to be thankful
- Your faith declares the best is still yet to come
- Job 42:12 A Season of Newness
- Don’t shut off your thanks because God is getting ready to bless you with a new season of double-double blessings
Pastor E. A. Deckard is the Senior Pastor/Founder of the Green House International Church located, 16711 Ella Blvd. Houston, Texas, 77090. To contact Pastor Deckard for speaking engagements contact him at email@example.com