A CHRISTIAN LIFE CONNECTION SERIES
“DEVELOPING MY NEW LIFE RELATIONSHIPS: The Book Of Revelation”
Bible Fact: The Book of Revelation is given by Jesus and written by John to strengthen our hope of the future.
Bible Text: Revelation 1:1; Matthew 24:1-51
Aim:To help students to become aware of what to expect in time and eternality to come.
The Things Hereafter: Chapter 8
I. The Seventh Seal – Revelation Chapter 8
A. Half hour of silence v.1
B. Preparation for seven trumpets vv.2,6
C. The angel of prayer vv.3,4
D. The angel and altar of fire v.5
E. First trumpet sounded v.7
- hail, fire, and blood
- 1/3 trees and all grass burned
F. Second trumpet sounded vv.8,9
- mountain in the sea–sea became blood
- 1/3 part sea life died
- 1/3 part of ships destroyed
G. Third trumpet sounded vv.10,11
- star falls and pollutes the water
H. Fourth trumpet sounded vv. 12,13
- 1/3 part of sun smitten
- 1/3 part of moon smitten
- 1/3 part of stars smitten
- 1/3 part of the day did not shine
- 1/3 part of the night did not appear
- the angel of woe v.13
Let’s talk about it:
- After reading vv.1-3 why do you think that God permitted the angels to hold back the four winds?
- After reading v.4 how many tribes of Israel were sealed (vv.5-8)?
- Who are the people noted in v.9?
- What was their message to God in v.10? Did all of them have the same message to God?
- What does the reference about the angels falling on their faces mean in v.11?
- How many sayings or words did the angels use in their message in v.12 to God the Amen on the throne?
- According to the elders’ answer in vv.13,14 who are those in white robes?
- What are the contrasting differences between the Christ Church serving God now in this Church Age compared to serving Him in vv.15-17 in Heaven?