A CHRISTIAN LIFE CONNECTION SERIES
“DEVELOPING MY NEW LIFE RELATIONSHIPS: The Book Of Revelation”
Bible Fact: The Book of Revelation is given by Jesus and written by John to strengthen our hope of the future.
Bible Text: Revelation 1:1; Matthew 24:1-51
Aim: To help students to become aware of what to expect in time and eternality to come.
The Things Hereafter: Chapter 17
The Seven Dooms – Chapter 17
I. The seven angel’s message of the Judgment of Babylon. vv.1,2
II. The woman on a beast v.3
III. The dress attire of the woman v.4
IV. The name on her forehead v.5
V. The woman and the blood of the saints v.6
VI. The mystery of the woman revealed v.7
A. The bottomless pit v.8
B. The seven mountains v.9
C. The seven kings vv.10,11
D. The ten horns v.12
E. One mind for power v.13
F. Horns make war with the Lamb v.14
G. Waters where the whore sitteth v.15
H. The whore hated v.16
I. Fulfilling God’s will v.17
J. The reign of the woman v.18
Let’s talk about it:
- In vv.1,2 what was the discussion of the angel and John about? What is the importance of the water ways in that day?
- In v.3 what was the women doing?
- In v.4 what does the dress of the woman tell about her position and activities in the world?
- In vv.5,6 what is the message of the woman and her position towards people of God? What was John’s response to what he saw about the woman?
- In vv.7,8 the angel begins to brief John on the woman and the beast that he saw. What was his first description of the beast?
- In vv.9-11 how does the angel describe the places where the woman sits? Who are the mountains?
- In vv.12,13 how are the kings described as a union of force?
- In v.14 the Lamb of God is the victim turn victor (Revelation 1:7). How are those with the Lamb described by the angel?
- In v.15 how does the angel describe the waters upon which the woman sits? What practical relevance and meaning can be matched with this verse?
- In v.16 how will the horn of the beast hate the beast? How do you see in-fighting by nations today and power turning against other powers? (Ezekiel 16:37-44)
- In v.17 the wars of destruction will line up with the will of God in the end (Romans 8:28). What are some instances that you know of where evil has attacked evil and it resulted in the coming forth of the will of God?
- In v.18 how is the woman described by the angel? (hint: a place where people live)