By Rev. Manson B. Johnson
Special to the NNPA from the Houston Forward Times
A CHRISTIAN LIFE CONNECTION SERIES
“DEVELOPING MY NEW LIFE RELATIONSHIPS: The Book Of Revelation”
Bible Fact: The Book of Revelation is given by Jesus and written by John to strengthen our hope of the future.
Bible Text: Revelation 1:1; Matthew 24:1-51
Aim: To help students to become aware of what to expect in time and eternality to come.
The Things Hereafter: Chapter 22 (Part 2)
- New Jerusalem: The New Paradise
- Jesus’ closing words:
- Jesus speaks through the angel v.13
- The right to the tree of life v.14
- Outsiders not permitted v.154
- Jesus reaffirms authorship of the book v.16
- The invitation of the book v.17
- A warning against changes to the book vv.18,19
- His coming declared v.20
- His grace benedicted upon the Churches v.21
- In v.13 what is the proclaimed authority of God? Why is it important that the world understands the authority of God Almighty? (cp. Revelation 1:8,11; 21:6; Isaiah 41:4; 44:6; 48:12; Exodus 12:12; 22:20; 20:5; 34:14)
- In v.14 what reward have they that enter through the gates into the city?
- In v.15 name six kinds of people in the category that will be kept from entering the gates to the city. (c.p. Philippians 3:2)
- In v.16 what two ways does Jesus describe Himself?
- In v.17 what three qualifications will permit one to drink of the water of life freely? (cp. Isaiah 55:1-13)
- In vv.18,19 what are the two punishments for those who alter the prophecy of the revelation or word of God? How does this relate to Jesus’ message in Matthew 23:1-51?
- In v.20 how does Jesus describe the suddenness of His coming in the future (vv.10-12)? How should readers compare this verse to Jesus’ message in Matthew 24:48-51?
- In v.21 what benediction does Jesus leave with the readers and recipients of His letter? How many does He leave his benediction to in the seven Churches? Does Jesus leave His grace with the weak as well as the strong? Which ones of the seven Churches needed more spiritual help than others? (Review Revelation chapters 2 & 3)