A CHRISTIAN LIFE CONNECTION SERIES
“DEVELOPING MY NEW LIFE RELATIONSHIPS: The Book Of Revelation”
Bible Fact: The Book of Revelation is given by Jesus and written by John to strengthen our hope of the future.
Bible Text: Revelation 1:1; Matthew 24:1-51
Aim: To help students to become aware of what to expect in time and eternality to come.
The Things hereafter: Chapter 5
I. A book and seven seals.
A.God bears the record of time and eternity. v.1
1. On His throne God governs His glory and rules His government.
2. He is the only one enthroned to keep records and to chronicle events.
II. The search for someone to open the book.
A. A strong angel makes the announcement; v.2a
B. Must be worthy (full merit). v.2b
C. No humanly created man was able to unseal the book. v.3
D. John wept because no man was worthy to unseal the book. v.4
E. The Lion of Judah is identified as the worthy one. v. 5
1. The slain Lamb and the seven spirits; v.6
a. Wounded for our transgression and He is meditator of our sins.
b. Filled with the completeness of the Spirit of God.
2. The Lamb only has authority to take the book out of God’s hand. v.7
III. The Lamb of God is worshipped by the four beasts and the 24 elders:
A. The orchestra played music v.8
B. The choir sung a new song. vv.9,10
C. Beasts, elders, and angels sang of the Lamb. v.11
1. The Lamb received 7 commendations; v.12
D. Every creature everywhere in the universe sang. v.13
Beasts and elders give affirmations of Amen and they worshipped The Lamb. v.14
Let’s talk about it:
1. What is the purpose of the invitation extended to John in v.1? What is the relevance of that invitation to the Christian Churches?
2. Why can’t human intelligence open the book in vv.2-4? (Hint: Ecclesiastes 9:10)
3. Why is it fitting and proper that the Lion of Judah become the only one qualified to open the book and seals in vv.5-7? ( Hint: Isaiah 53:1-12)
4. What are the four reasons that the Lamb was praised and worshipped in vv.8-10?
5. As the choir sang in vv.11,12 named the 7 commendations conferred upon the Lamb?
6. As the four beasts and the 24 elders gave their praises and worshipped, what four things did they offer to God and the Lamb in vv.13,14?