The National Park Service has announced the schedule and lineup for the 47th annual Fort Dupont Park Summer Event Series.
The series of events take place from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. each Saturday, July 20- Aug. 24 at the park’s amphitheater located in southeast D.C. Gates open at 6 p.m.
The events, which bring together Washington metropolitan area residents and communities across generations to enjoy incredible music from national, regional and local artists, are presented in part by WPFW 89.3 FM and WE ACT Radio Network.
This year visitors will enjoy traveling on new roads throughout Fort Dupont Park. The improvement follows a resurfacing project began in fall 2018 and ended this spring.
The concerts lineup is as follows:
• July 20 – A tribute to Motown by Brencore Entertainment and Earth, Wind and Fire Tribute Band
• July 27 – Classic Hip Hop Night featuring Chubb Rock, Dana Dane and Special Ed
• Aug. 3 – A tribute to D.C. music featuring iconic go-go group Rare Essence and Obsession
• Aug. 10 – World Music Night featuring award-winning performer Wunmi and Jean-Francis Varre
• Aug. 17 – Soulful Summer with Grammy-nominated R&B artist Raheem DeVaughn
• Aug. 24 – R&B Night with Grammy-nominated vocalist Stokley of legendary R&B group Mint Condition
Concertgoers are invited to bring family and friends, lawn chairs, blankets and food. Grills, glass bottles and alcohol are not permitted in the park.
For more information, go to the park’s website at nps.gov/fodu or call 202-859-2163.