Sign up to stay connected
Get the top stories of the day around the DMV.
Former Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin offered congratulations and advice to Kamala Harris following presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden selecting Harris as his running mate.
Palin, who became a polarizing figure during the late John McCain’s failed presidential bid in 2008, wrote Tuesday in an Instagram post to Harris, “Climb upon Geraldine Ferraro’s and my shoulders, and from the most amazing view in your life, consider lessons we learned,” referencing the first woman to run for vice president on a major party’s ticket, Business Insider reported.
The former Alaskan governor’s post also offered several other pieces of advice:
– Out of the chute trust no one new.
– Fight mightily to keep your own team with you — they know you, know your voice, and most importantly are trustworthy.
– Don’t get muzzled — connect with media and voters in your own unique way. Some yahoos running campaigns will suffocate you with their own self-centered agenda so remember YOU were chosen for who YOU are.
– Don’t forget the women who came before you.
– Have fun! This IS the greatest country in the world and hopefully you’ll be blessed beyond belief, like I was, with meeting new people from all walks of life and see just how great it is!