A virtual Season 2 at THEARC Theater is on the way with the public being invited to watch the presentations from the comfort of their homes.
Announcements will be made for scheduled updates to programming via this platform and THEARC Theater website.
The full brochure also can be viewed on the website.
Season 2 includes:
• Original content from THEARC Theater team and iCANTechnical Theater Internship program on Young, Gifted & Black: THEARC Theater podcast.
• Howard University Gospel Choir Let Freedom Sing and Annual Holiday Concert.
•Black-owned theater company Restoration Stage presents Live! from the Whitelaw Hotel Stage Reading under the direction of Courtney Baker-Oliver and playwright Steven A. Butler Jr.
• On Demand: Frederick Douglass Animatron available via a digital library in February on THEARC Theater website.
• DayDream: An Audio Drama about Billy Strayhorn, an original production by East of the River playwright Barry Moton.
• HOMEGROWN brings local legends of DC’s spoken word scene together through an innovative partnership between THEARC Theater, Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company, and Spit Dat, D.C.’s longest-running open mic.
• Soulversations featuring local and national soul music artists with featured performances and interviews under the direction of Indie Music artist Russell Taylor.
• DC Black Theatre & Arts Festival featuring year-round programming.