by Rev. Manson B. Johnson
Special to the NNPA from the Houston Forward Times
Bible Fact: Jesus expects all of His disciples to demonstrate the authority and power of His kingdom as a witness to a weak and wicked world.
The Big Idea: To get Christian disciples to surrender their faith beyond the traditional to be offered the opportunity to engage with God without restrictions to do miraculous works that represent God.
You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death. It is easy to say you believe a rope to be strong as long as you are merely using it to tie up an object. But suppose you had to hang by that same rope over the cliff of a mountain or from the ledge of a tall building. Then would you have real trust the same rope?—C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed.
At times God will test your faith like a rope to see how much you believe in what you say you have. Unlocking kingdom authority and power within always comes with challenges. You must be ready to meet the tests of commands that come from God is you will be blessed by Him. As a true believer you are preserved for what is reserved in God’s kingdom for you.
- The SOUL ONLY is the lone citizen that lives in the kingdom of heaven.
- On the Cross Jesus suffered for me
- In me Jesus saves me
- Around me Jesus secures me
- By my side Jesus sustains me
- For me Jesus sanctifies me
- 7 Keys to unlock kingdom authority and power within you:
- Love God
- Manifest your love of God daily in practice (not just on Sundays)
- Implement God’s word within you
- Have faith in God and demonstrate works that please God.
- Three ways to have faith in God
- Ways to demonstrate works that please God:
- We please God with our choices; Genesis 12:1-4; Hebrews 11:8,9; Romans 4:16-25
- We please God with our obedience to trust Him; Genesis 18:19; Esther 4:13-17
- Obedience is the action fuel to faith.
- Obedience aligned with God’s will moves Him to action.
- Obedience moves God to recall His previous promises to previous generations of faithful people.
- Obedience moves a believer to the place where God will manifest blessings.
- Obedience is the boldest statement of a believer’s trust in the ability of God.
- Obedience is a believer’s complete confidence in the sovereignty of God.
- We please God with our submissiveness and steadfastness to follow His lead instead of changing conditions. Job 13:15; Psalm 23:4; Romans 8:27-32
- Submissiveness is always in a subordinate position that is supervised by the advantage of another.
- Submissiveness is always waiting for a command from a superior.
- Submissiveness is never in contest or competition with a command.
- Submissiveness as in real love always seeks to please the need or desire of the other person
- Submissiveness always pleases the will of the master and never seeks to be in charge regardless of the condition or the situation.