by Rev. Manson B. Johnson
Special to the NNPA from the Houston Forward Times
Bible Fact: Jesus expects all of His disciples to demonstrate the authority and power of His kingdom as a witness to a weak and wicked world.
The Big Idea: To get Christian disciples to surrender their faith beyond the traditional to be offered the opportunity to engage with God without restrictions to do miraculous works that represent God.
*The strongest argument for the Gospel of Christ is the personal testimony of someone whose life has been changed by it. Charles Bradlaugh, an avowed infidel, once challenged the Rev. H.P. Hughes to a debate. The preacher, who was head of a rescue mission in London, England, accepted the challenge with the condition that he could bring with him 100 men and women who would tell what had happened in their lives since trusting Christ as their Savior. They would be people who once lived in deep sin, some having come from poverty-stricken homes caused by the vices of their parents. Hughes said they would not only tell of their conversion, but would submit to cross-examination by any who doubted their stories. Furthermore, the minister invited his opponent to bring a group of non-believers who could tell how they were helped by their lack of faith. When the appointed day arrived, the preacher came, accompanied by 100 transformed persons. But Bradlaugh never showed up. The result? The meeting turned into a testimony time and many sinners who had gathered to hear the scheduled debate were converted.—Unknown
- The SOUL ONLY is the lone citizen that lives in the kingdom of heaven.
- On the Cross Jesus suffered for me
- In me Jesus saves me
- Around me Jesus secures me
- By my side Jesus sustains me
- For me Jesus sanctifies me
- 7 Keys to unlock kingdom authority and power within you:
- Love God
- Manifest your love of God daily in practice (not just on Sundays)
- Implement God’s word within you
- Have faith in God and demonstrate works that please God.
- What is giving?
- Giving is the voluntary act of transferring or releasing something (a possession) to someone else.
- Giving is the act of participating or sharing freely or willingly in an event or matter.
- Giving is to offer, supply or provide something to another.
- Giving is a spiritual attitude that determines and controls how and what amount one will possess;
- Giving is God’s way of teaching man how to be like Him and to express His supernatural image while living in the natural. God is a supplier of blessing and He has ALL blessing under His control. Giving is a LIFESTYLE.
- Giving is the central theme of the Gospel of Christ Jesus;
- The summary statement of the Gospel of Jesus Christ; John 3:16*
- For God so loved the world (the motive of God towards us); Romans 5:6-8; I Corinthians 1:9; (Ephesians 3:5,6,9-12; 16-19)
- He gave His only begotten Son (the mercy of God for us); Philippians 2:5-11; Titus 3:3-6; (Hebrews 4:14-16; I Peter 1:3; 2:10)
- …that whosoever believeth in Him (the manifestation of God in us); Acts 4:18-20; 5:31-32; Philippians 3:8-14
- … should not perish (the message of God to us); Matthew 16:21-28; I Corinthians 15:1-4
- …but have everlasting life (the miracles from God in us);
- Matthew 5:13-16
- John 4:10-15
- Galatians 2:20
- Ephesians 3:20