by Rev. Manson Johnson
Special to the NNPA from the Houston Forward Times
Bible Fact: Jesus expects all of His disciples to demonstrate the authority and power of His kingdom as a witness to a weak and wicked world.
The Big Idea: To get Christian disciples to surrender their faith beyond the traditional to be offered the opportunity to engage with God without restrictions to do miraculous works that represent God.
J.L. Kraft, head of the Kraft Cheese Corporation, who had given approximately 25% of his enormous income to Christian causes for many years, said, “The only investment I ever made which has paid consistently increasing dividends is the money I have given to the Lord.”
J.D. Rockefeller said, “I never would have been able to tithe the first million dollars I ever made if I had not tithed my first salary, which was $1.50 per week.” —W. A. Criswell, A Guidebook for Pastors, p. 154.
I. The SOUL ONLY is the lone citizen that lives in the kingdom of heaven.
1. On the Cross Jesus suffered for me
2. In me Jesus saves me
3. Around me Jesus secures me
4. By my side Jesus sustains me
5. For me Jesus sanctifies me
II. 7 Keys to unlock kingdom authority and power within you:
A. Love God
B. Manifest your love of God daily in practice (not just on Sundays)
C. Implement God’s word within you
D. Have faith in God and demonstrate works that please God.
A. What is giving?
1. Giving is the voluntary act of transferring or releasing something (a possession) to someone else.
2. Giving is the act of participating or sharing freely or willingly in an event or matter.
3. Giving is to offer, supply or provide something to another.
B. Giving is a spiritual attitude that determines and controls how and what amount one will possess;
C. Giving is God’s way of teaching man how to be like Him and to express His supernatural image while living in the natural. God is a supplier of blessing and He has ALL blessing under His control. Giving is a LIFESTYLE.
1. Principles of giving that make for the believer’s sufficiency
a). One receives MORE ONLY WHEN THEY GIVE and it is more blessed to give than to receive; Acts 20:35; John 12:24
1. Verily, verily I say unto you… (a promise you can trust); John 12:24a
2. …except a corn of wheat fall (be potential released) into the ground (a reservoir for depositing purpose); John 12:24b
3. …and die (a reproductive process for having more) John 12:24c
4. …it abideth alone (penalization); but if it die (preparation) John 12:24d
5. …it bringeth forth much fruit…(repeated productivity) John 12:24e
- The amount of the return on giving is always MORE.
- The quality of what is received improves MORE as giving increases.
- The trust by others increases MORE as givers deepen their giving potential.
2. Your favor from God is not determined by the competition of what others do with what they have but ultimately by the approval of God with what you do with what you have; Matthew 25:28-30; Luke 21:1-4
3. God makes the return on our investment (ROI) by what we trust Him with.
a. Your giving determines the measure of what you receive; Malachi :3:10-12; II Corinthians 9:6-8; Galatians 6:6-9;
4. Giving and living by Christian standards applied increase our rewards; Matthew 6:33
- Seek ye (that’s the principle of giving)
- …first (that’s the priority of giving)
- …the kingdom of God (that’s the purpose of giving)
- …and His righteousness (that’s the practice of giving)
- …and all these things (that’s the promises of giving)
- …shall be added unto you. (that’s the productivity of giving)
5. God’s giving to us deserves a public response from us to Him as a show of our sincerity to Him; Psalm 116:12-14
6. Giving is the central theme of the Gospel of Christ Jesus