White House tours will resume this month after a six-month suspension amid the coronavirus pandemic, the East Wing announced Tuesday.
The tours, which had been on hold since March 12, will resume on Sept. 12.
“In order to ensure the safety and health of all visitors, there have been new policies implemented that align with the guidance issued by federal, state and local officials,” the first lady’s office said in a statement.
The first lady’s office said face coverings will be required for those ages 2 and older, and tour group sizes will be limited to 18 percent of normal capacity.
The tours will also be scaled back from five days a week to two — Fridays and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.